domingo, 29 de marzo de 2020

PRESENT PERFECT




THE PRESENT PERFECT


Workshop No. 3
 Ninth Grade
Send  to April 6 



1. GRAMMAR

Read, understand and practice


The present perfect is formed from the present tense of the verb Have (Haber/ Tener) and the past participle of a verb. We use the present perfect in the following cases:



  • For something that started in the past and continues in the present. Example:
         They've been married for nearly fifty years.

          She has lived in Liverpool all her life.


  • When we are talking about our experience up to the present. Example:
         I've seen that film before. 

         I've played the guitar ever since I was a teenager.
         
         He has written three books and he is working on another one.




  • We often use the adverb ever to talk about experience up to the present:
    My last birthday was the worst day I have ever had.
         and we use never for the negative form:
    Have you ever met George?
    Yes, but I've never met his wife.
  • For something that happened in the past but is important in the present:
I can't get in the house. I've lost my keys.
Teresa isn't at home. I think she has gone shopping.
HAVE BEEN AND HAVE GONE 


We use have/has been when someone has gone to a place and returned:
A: Where have you been?
B: I've just been out to the supermarket.
A: Have you ever been to San Francisco?
B: No, but I've been to Los Angeles.
But when someone has not returned, we use have/has gone:
A: Where's Maria? I haven't seen her for weeks.
B: She's gone to Paris for a week. She'll be back tomorrow.
PRESENT PERFECT WITH TIME ADVERBIALS 

We often use the present perfect with adverbials which refer to the recent past: recently, just, only just
Or adverbials which include the present:So far, until now, up to now, ever ( in questions)yet ( in questions and negatives). Example:
Scientists have recently discovered a new breed of monkey.
We have just got back from our holidays.
Have you ever seen a ghost?
Where have you been up to now?
A: Have you finished your homework yet?
B: No, so far I've only done my history.
After a clause with the present perfect we often use a clause with since to show when something started in the past:
I've worked here since I left school.
I've been watching that programme every week since it started.
BE CAREFUL!
We do not use the present perfect with adverbials which refer to a fineshed past time: Yesterday, last week, month, year, in 2017, when  I was younger...
 Example:
I have seen that film yesterday.
We  have just bought a new car last week.
When we were children   we have been to California.

But we can use the present perfect with adverbials which refer to a time which is not yet finished. Example: Today,this week, month, year, now than I am 18 etc.

Let's see this examples.

 Have you seen Helen today?
We have bought a new car this week.

LET'S WATCH THE NEXT VIDEO



                                      

IT'S TIME TO PRACTICE
ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS ABOUT THE FIRST VIDEO
1. What is your opinion on the first video?
2. Did the video help you clarify doubts  related to  the topic?
3. What is the formula to organize sentences using the present perfect? Show an example
4. What examples caught your attention in the first video? Write them down.
5. Write a little poem using the present perfect.
6. Write a little  cartoon using the present perfect
7. Conjugate the following verbs using the present perfect in the affirmative, interrogative and negative forms, in the indicate grammatical person.
a. Buy ( I, you)  b. Clean ( She, we)  c. Study (they, he) d. Be ( I, she) e. Travel (they , we)
8. What song caught your attention in the second video ? Write the song lyrics in English and highlight the phrase where the present perfect appears.
9. Traslate the following sentences: 
a. She has never studied Japanese.
b. How many times have you tried to call her?
c. I have some bad news. I've lost my job.
d. I've known James for 5 or 8 years.
e. Jhon has missed the bus, so he'll be late.
10. Read and practice the next story. Then send  me a short audio where you tell me what happened in that story. Don't forget the vocabulary.


WHO ARE THEY? WHAT HAVE THEY DONE? WHAT HAS HAPPENED?
Linda just walked  outside with Grandmother. She wears an apron. So far , she has finished cleaning and washing she has alson gathered seeds and crumbs.
Now Linda and Grandmother are outside. linda has just dropped some seeds on the ground to feed the birds. The birds have not come yet.
Recently, Grandmother has moved in with Linda's family. She now enjoys living with them.
Grandmother have already sat down on the bench. She also wears an apron.
She has just finished cooking.
Grandmother and Linda wait for the birds. They have seen birds in the yard before. Grandmother has always liked to watch  the birds. Linda has always liked to feed them.

11. Portafolio





No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario